Some things that would improve my setting speed (v. 6.1)

Place your wishlist here. Maybe the Sibelius developers will honor your requests.
matthew1338

Post by matthew1338 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:17 pm

1) Add the ability to place a slur over a whole tuplet if the whole tuplet is selected without the message ‘there is something selected which is not in view...’ popping up

2) Add the ability to move a double bar repeat when placed within a bar with greater flexibility. At present, any note or rest that falls after the double bar repeat, when it is placed mid-way through a bar, is always too close and cannot be moved. The only way to alleviate the problem is to ‘cheat’ by giving the note that follows the double bar repeat a sharp or flat and then deleting it, thus leaving some space. This is of course not an option if the note is supposed to be preceded by an accidental.

3) Bring back ‘v’ command (select voice), whereby a note and its associated rhythm is selected without having to use the keypad. I find it is often quicker to obtain a rhythm that consists of a compound of elements (such as dotted crotchet) by selecting such a note already within the score rather than referring to the keypad.

4) Could certain objects invariably used in a way that means they touch other objects have their ‘magnetic layout’ disabled as a default? Examples from my experience are: the square brackets available from the ‘symbols’ list

5) The ability to copy and paste without the beaming being standardised in the pasted version. At present, a passage copied with non-standard beaming reverts to standard beaming when pasted.

6) The ability to disable the imposition of ‘cautionary’ accidentals as a default preference anytime I create a new score.

These are little things, but would help quite alot of people I think.