Combining "Hide staves" and "Focus on staves&

Place your wishlist here. Maybe the Sibelius developers will honor your requests.
Danne

Post by Danne » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:06 am

Hi!

I would like to be able to combine "Hide staves" and "Focus on staves".

This is something I've needed quite a few times now, I can't think that I am the only one. Here's an example (taken from real life):

I am writing an arrangement for two voices, string quartet and (ad libbed) piano. I've recorded an ad-libbed piano part, which I don't want to see in the score, simply hear - the pianist will use the chord symbols above the vocal staff when playing it later. That's easy to solve, I just focus on all the other staves.

However, the second vocal part has is filled mostly with rests, and I would like to hide all the empty staves, only showing it when it's active. And there's no way to combine the two.

So please, could this feature be implemented in a later version! I would be extremely grateful.

/Daniel

Jeremy Hughes

Post by Jeremy Hughes » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:47 pm

Hi there

Don't use Focus on Staves. Instead:

Select the piano staves that you don't want to see in their entirety (triple-click in one staff, then shift-click in the other).

Hide everything (shift-cmd-h).

Now, with the selection still intact, choose Layout>Hide Empty Staves.

All the piano staves will disappear.

Hope that helps

Jeremy
music editor/engraver
iMac Intel 2GHz 2GB | OS X Version 10.6.5 Snow Leopard | Sibelius 6.2

Danne

Post by Danne » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Thanks a lot! That certainly did the trick!

sajjad321

Post by sajjad321 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:37 pm

I am writing an arrangement for two voices, string quartet and (ad libbed) piano. I've recorded an ad-libbed piano part, which I don't want to see in the score, simply hear - the pianist will use the chord symbols above the vocal staff when playing it later. That's easy to solve, I just focus on all the other staves.

However, the second vocal part has is filled mostly with rests, and I would like to hide all the empty staves, only showing it when it's active. And there's no way to combine the two.