triplets to eigth-notes and vice versa

Place your wishlist here. Maybe the Sibelius developers will honor your requests.
gmardoc

Post by gmardoc » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:31 pm

There have been many times where I've written a large chunk of music in 4/4 time that ends up mostly being triplet rhythms, and later wish that I had written it in 12/8 with eighth note rhythms (grouped in 3's). Sometimes the same thing happens in reverse as well. I usually end up leaving it the way it is because it takes SO much work to go back and re-enter the notes from scratch in the new time signature/rhythm.

It would be great if there was a function (or plug-in) that would allow you to easily switch back and forth between 4/4 triplets & 12/8 eighth-notes; 3/4 triplets & 9/8 eighth-notes; or 2/4 triplets & 6/8 eighth-notes.

Note: this plugin obviously would need to be able to switch back and forth between quarter-notes and dotted quarter-notes for the same situations.
Gabriel Mardoc

I am currently using:
Sibelius 5.2.5
Virtual Drumline 2.5.2
Windows XP
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS (sound card)
no MIDI keyboard

Jeremy Hughes

Post by Jeremy Hughes » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:29 pm

Hi there

There's a plug-in that will make the one-way trip from simple to compound time for you, which may help.

It ships with Sibelius 6 (and I believe was available in Sib 5 as well), and is found in Plug-ins>Notes and Rests>Convert Simple to Compound Time.

Hope that is useful.

Jeremy
music editor/engraver
iMac Intel 2GHz 2GB | OS X Version 10.6.5 Snow Leopard | Sibelius 6.2

gmardoc

Post by gmardoc » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:19 am

That sounds perfect. Do you happen to know if there is a reverse version of that plug-in in the works?
Gabriel Mardoc

I am currently using:
Sibelius 5.2.5
Virtual Drumline 2.5.2
Windows XP
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS (sound card)
no MIDI keyboard

ihasseb

Post by ihasseb » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:04 am

nice post..........