Available Instruments

Place your wishlist here. Maybe the Sibelius developers will honor your requests.
rmilnes
Sibelius Version: 8.51
Operating System: Windows

Post by rmilnes » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:58 am

My request is that you add an instrument to the selections available in the Home -> Change feature of Sibelius.

In the “Brass” section, you offer French Horns built in all different keys, some providing a key signature, some not. When I first went to look for a Horn-in-Bb, I found the only Bb Horn offering is supplied as “Horn in Bb [no key].

I write for a woodwind quintet that uses a Bb Horn instead of a “Horn in F”. Handling the horn part requires a work-around of some kind. I convert the usual Horn-in-F to a Bb Trumpet, then change all the text’s “Trumpet” to “Horn in Bb”. That’s OK, I suppose, but playing the piece doesn’t work very well unless I temporarily switch the part to “Horn in Bb [no key]”. Big bother.

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:34 am

Why don't you create a new instrument based on the existing horn in Bb(No Key), use the new instrument dialog to set it up with a keysign and save it. Then, export a manuscript paper with this instrument in it. Once you have done this once, just use that MSS paper to start your new scores and you will always have that instrument available.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk