Sibelius Forum Store | Buy Sheet Music

About this forum

Give us your opinions on the forums here. Request features or discuss problems about the forums

About this forum

Postby gsoler » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:07 am

Hello!

I'm demoing Sibelius 8 Ultimate,
and a big part of that demo is support and forums.

Now, the official forum is closed to me, as license is needed.
So, that brings me here.

Can you explain to me the difference between this forum and the official Avid one?
What's the spirit like, what to ask where, volume of users/posts?
I did try the Facebook forum Avid Sibelius Users,
but a post-deletion by a mod indicated that was not a place for me as I'm used to much freedom of expression.
So, any insights?

I have tried I few questions here,
and I've gotten some good answers
so thanks for that :)
gsoler

Re: About this forum

by Sponsor

Forum Sponsor

Postby MikeLyons » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:20 am

To be quite honest, until a short time ago, this forum was pretty much moribund.

It had it's hayday in the early days of sib and, for various reasons, became a haven for those who had cracked versions of sib or for those who loathe Avid enough that they can't bear to be associated with them. Even now, traffic is limited. You are much more likely to find the answers to your questions through the 'community run' FB groups - at least, you will get a quicker answer there than here.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 8.5, Windows 10, 8MB RAM, 7TB 7200RPM Storage, Note Performer 2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others.
MikeLyons

Postby gsoler » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:58 am

MikeLyons wrote:To be quite honest, until a short time ago, this forum was pretty much moribund.

It had it's hayday in the early days of sib and, for various reasons, became a haven for those who had cracked versions of sib or for those who loathe Avid enough that they can't bear to be associated with them. Even now, traffic is limited. You are much more likely to find the answers to your questions through the 'community run' FB groups - at least, you will get a quicker answer there than here.

Thank you!
gsoler