Shadowed notes

Give us your opinions on the forums here. Request features or discuss problems about the forums
Johnblack
Sibelius Version: ultimate
Operating System: Windows

Post by Johnblack » Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:29 pm

I converted a pdf score into Sibelius usign Photoscore. Now all notes - right or wrong - appear shadowed and I found no way of removing the shadow. Can someone help me or indicating where I can find the solution? Thanks (PS I tried to ask a question three times but I got never a reply....)

KJ_Palmer
Sibelius Version: 6.2, 7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by KJ_Palmer » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:02 pm

Not sure what you mean by 'shadowed', I haven't come across this behaviour before. Perhaps if you could post a screenshot that would help find out what's going on. A score would be better (you can attach it as a zip file), but unless you convert it to Sib 7.5 I can't look at it.

Firstly though, does the Photoscore file look reasonable, ie. no ryhthm errors, instruments, time sigs, key sigs, instruments and notes all in good shape? You should always clean up what Photoscore gives you before sending it to Sibelius, or all the errors will be compounded, and you'll end up with (pardon the phrase) an unholy mess to sort out.
Sibelius 6.2, 7.5.1, Windows 11