Registation of Sibelius 4 on new machine

Give us your opinions on the forums here. Request features or discuss problems about the forums
Graham
Sibelius Version: 4
Operating System: Windows

Post by Graham » Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:46 am

I've had Sibelius 4 running on a Windows 7 machine for several years, a Vista machine before that, and an XP machine before that, but my most recent machine is now having keyboard and battery problems, and won't last muych longer, so I've installed the program from the original CD on my new Windows 10 machine. It complains about incompatibility, but works well enough for my simple needs. The problem is that I can't register it, so can't save or export any material. The menu brings up a page which gives options to register online or by "phone or fax"; the online version doesn't work (I presume the target website no longer exists), but the phone or fax option looked more hopeful. I have two registration numbers written in my documentation - one an R-number, the other a T-number - but neither of these is accepted on my new machine. It could be that the computer number is unrecognised again the registration number, but I can't change that.

So ... when my old computer finally dies, I have no means of utilising my extensive library of SIB files. I've spent hours perusing various forums (including Facebook, which supposedly boasts a number of Avid employers who you'd think would know about these things?), and going round and round the utterly useless so-called "help" system online, but I've found no working entry point into registering a valid copy of Sibelius 4 on a new machine. Surely it can't be beyond someone's capability to tell me how to do it? Please help!!

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5

Post by MikeLyons » Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:22 pm

You need to contact ingrid.guce@avid.com by email. She is very helpful and should be able to at least point you in the right direction. She will also be able to reset your seat count.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2024.3.1, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 4, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

Graham

Post by Graham » Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:54 pm

Thanks Mike. That could be the best thing I've heard throughout this whole sorry saga! :) I'll jot her a mail tomorrow.

Graham

Post by Graham » Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:34 pm

MikeLyons wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:22 pm
You need to contact ingrid.guce@avid.com by email.
Thank for the lead, Mike. I didn't converse with Ingrid, but one of her colleagues picked it up for me. I finally got a valid registration code yesterday, and now have Sibelius 4 working on my new machine. :)

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5

Post by MikeLyons » Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:54 am

Excellent news!
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2024.3.1, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 4, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk