Space between systems different for one page

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
gabrielh
Sibelius Version: 8
Operating System: Mac

Post by gabrielh » Sun May 22, 2022 8:29 am

Hello all,

I'd like to change the space between systems for only one page. However, if I use the Layout Ribbon, the spacing changes for the whole score.

Is there any way to change the space systems for only one page?

Many thanks and best wishes,
Gabriel

KJ_Palmer
Sibelius Version: 6.2, 7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by KJ_Palmer » Sun May 22, 2022 9:06 am

You can drag staves manually and they'll stay there, unless you do any global layout resets. The space between staves value on the ribbon is a global setting, so will revert if you use reset above/below or optimise the whole score, so best to do these adjustments when the score is (nearly) complete.

On later Sibelius Ultimate versions it may be possible to change layouts of individual pages or sections via the Inspector, as I believe there have been some layout improvements, but I can't do that myself in Sib 7.5.
Sibelius 6.2, 7.5.1, Windows 11

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Sun May 22, 2022 11:08 am

Anyone can do this, if I understand correctly what you want. Set the Justify staves when x% to a slighly smaller figure and set the space above/below staves to a larger figure. You won't notice any difference on the already justified pages but the unjustified one should set itself to match. - Unless, that is, there are fewer staves on that page.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk