Newbie Drum Notation!

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
Smitt

Post by Smitt » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:26 pm

Maybe this has been asked before, but does anyone have a link to somewhere that could just teach me how to write drum music using Sibelius v5.

I'm sure it's pretty simple once you get used to it, but being a drummer I'm a bit slow with computers and all that!

Any help would be great.

I'm just looking for a complete runthrough off all the basics.

Zapruder

Post by Zapruder » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:49 am

Hi there,

I'm just looking for a complete runthrough off all the basics.... hahaha, you really crack me up there :D You just want it all huh?

Okay okay, that was not fair of me and I do apologize. To make it up to you, here's a link that might help you out. It's an answer I gave back in 2006 to about the same question. It basically handles Sib3 and Sib 4, but it all works the same in Sib5.
Just take a look at
http://www.sibeliusforum.com/forums/vie ... m+notation

Let me know if this helped you out.

Be well, Zap
# I am NOT a "Professional Sibelius Trainer"
# Please state the Chapter(s) of the Sibelius User Guide you already searched in order to solve your problem.
# Remember that this is not an official Sibelius website.

Smitt

Post by Smitt » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:09 pm

Yeh now I read the question again it does seem quite, um how do I put it....

...DUMB!

I was half asleep when I wrote it so, well thats my excuse!

I'll have a look through and see if it helps. It certainly looks like what I'm looking for though.

Thanks!

JoeViviano

Post by JoeViviano » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:47 am

Here's a specific question:

Is there a "correct" way to notate a buzzed snare note? Basically, I want to put a z or a z-like symbol on the beam of the note. Is there a quick and easy way to do this? In the past, I've just used "Insert text" to make a z and then dragged it to the stem of the note. This is slow and doesn't affect play-back. Is there a better way?

JoeViviano

Post by JoeViviano » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:52 am

And nevermind. I found it in the keypad. (It didn't used to be there in Sibelius 3.1)

Still curious, though, is there a way to make it sound like a buzz?

JoeViviano

Post by JoeViviano » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:05 am

And nevermind. I found it in the keypad. (It didn't used to be there in Sibelius 3.1)