final bar-width adjust

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
mpxxxxx

Post by mpxxxxx » Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:09 am

final bar-width adjust (sib vers. 2)

I have a single end bar on the last page that is automatically stretched out to fill the page. I need to compress it so that it looks more natural. How do I do this? I can't just grab it and adjust its width the way I can with the middle bars, very frustrating.

Lurker

Post by Lurker » Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:54 am

First, I should mention that in version 3 of Sibelius there is a little hidden 'handle' at the end of the bar you can drag (about level with the middle of the stave).

In earlier versions you have to
1) add as many blank bars on to the end of your piece as you need to make the last bar a sensible width.
2) Select the last actual barline of your piece, and use Create > Barline > Final to make it look like the end
3) Then click on the first bar after the end of the piece. Use Create > Staff Type Change > Pitched > Hidden to make the rest of the music disappear.
4) If you have View Hidden Objects switched on, you will see the little grey box that marks the start of the hidden section. Drag it, if necessary, to make sure no extra bits of staff show, and make sure it doesn't cut off any of the last bar or barline.
5) You can now copy this little grey box to all the other staves until they have all gone.

It's easy after you've done it once or twice. But v.3 is even easier!

mpxxxxx

Post by mpxxxxx » Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:14 pm

frunee

Post by frunee » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:44 am

was looking for a solution and the handle in the middle of the staff you mention is what helped me with Sibelius 6.

Thanks for the tipp.
Last edited by frunee on Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sebasian

Post by Sebasian » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:00 am

frunee wrote:. . . helped me with Sibelius 6.
In Sibelius 6 you can use View > Handles to view these nodes without having to click wildly where you think they might be.