Sibelius 6 Rewire

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
Vlad

Post by Vlad » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:16 pm

Ok, I like this Sibelius software, it's nice, and what makes it even nicer is the ReWire idea. But however, I'd like to know, is it possible to export all tracks from Sibelius in a DAW like Reaper separately, like it would be if the file from Sibelius was exported into midi track and then imported in Reaper? The idea is, to assign VSTi's in Reaper and listen how it sounds, and to edit the music in Sibelius, instrument per instrument?

dsmusic

Post by dsmusic » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:00 pm

Ive had a look into it and i cant come to a solution so i think thebest bet is to give Sibelius techincal help a ring on 0800 458 3111, i hope this has helped!

delgado

Post by delgado » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:23 pm

unfortunately, all you can do at the moment with rewiring Sib6 into, say, Cubase is to feed the audio output of Sibelius into the sequencer (on one stereo track), in sync. Not too useful, really.
As soon as Rewire2 is adopted by sibelius (please!), midi exchange and thus more meaningful work will be possible.-

Vlad

Post by Vlad » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:16 pm

Yeah, that's my point, not to useful. So either that ReWire option that you're talking about, or a fully developed mixer in Sibelius so it could be made a proper mixing in the stereo track of the Sibelius file, and then to edit the waveform in some DAW, and/or adding some recorded stuff, effects and mastering.

delgado

Post by delgado » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:10 pm

maybe I misunderstand you, but mixing different audio instruments within Sibelius is actually possible. It would just be nice to remote control the VST instruments of, say, Cubase itself, to broaden the choices. AND have Sibelius reflect whatever you program in Cubase.