Problems with bars lenght

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
Romain

Post by Romain » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:02 am

Hi !

The thing is... I have a very long bar, so I want to narrow it and I use alt+shift+left arrow, but only the notes in the bar are moving (altought I select the whole bar), not the barline at the right, so it doesn't change anything !

Thanks for your help

Sebasian

Post by Sebasian » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:59 am

Romain wrote:I have a very long bar . . .
If you want more music on that system you might need to select as many bars as you want to see on one line and then click Layout > Format > Make into System (or Make into Page).

If it's a final bar, and you just want to shift the right margin, click just past the middle line of one of the staves (or turn on View > Handles in the latest version of Sibelius) and move the little node square to move the barline back to where you want it.

Romain

Post by Romain » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:57 pm

Thank you so much !

And, if I don't abuse, is it possible to change the space between two notes ? It seems to be influenced by the notes in the second voice, if you understand what I mean... or maybe it's because of the length of the notes, I don't know...

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:15 pm

The lengths of the notes in both voices will of course affect the spacing, just as it should. In fact any notes in that bar, in any stave, plus lyrics, will have a bearing on things. On the whole, Sibelius makes a very good job of sorting out note spacing. If you think your bar is badly spaced, select it and use Reset Note Spacing to see if that changes it.

Or are you wanting to deliberately use unusual spacing for some reason?

If you need to move things around in a bar, selecting a note and altering its X value in the Properties panel will do this.