Change Tempo in Sibelius 4.15

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
Guezos

Post by Guezos » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:31 am

Hello, and thanks for passing by..

the thing is that when i wanna create sumthing, and im at 0.. i dunno the tempo yet.. so i dont add any tempo mark.

lets say that i already have something going on, but i wanna speed up, on the "playback" will allow me to increase the speed, but only until 175bpm..

if im creating the score and i add a tempo mark bout 180bpm then of course will allow me to speed up more than 175..

still is quite annoying having to create a new score just because i cant go through 175bmp just to speed up..

i also tried adding a metronome mark, but thats only text, it wont speed up anything..

and wher its the time signature option.. its just the 4/4 selection or the upbeat, but not the tempo..

anyhow.. is there any magic buton that i havent found on sibelius 4?

THANKS A LOT!!

Sebasian

Post by Sebasian » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:58 pm

Guezos wrote:i also tried adding a metronome mark, but thats only text, it wont speed up anything..!!
If it's in the form q = 80 (or whatever, where q = quarter/crotchet) in Metronome or Tempo text style it will alter the basic tempo. Using the tempo slider will then take that as the 'middle' tempo and increase or decrease as you move the slider along.