DRUM - How can I apply the Staff Type that I have created?

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
Stepunk

Post by Stepunk » Wed May 18, 2005 4:40 pm

Hi!I'm new to this forum and to Sibelius software :)
I'm sorry for my bad english but i try to explain my problem as good as i can ;)

How can i apply to the score the Staff Type that I have created?
When I made a "Staff type change" the sound and the symbols on the score didn't change at all.... i'm trying to do a different drum notation but i didn't understand what I have to do....

now i explain all the steps that i do:
- create a new blank score and add the "drum kit" instrument
- go to House Style>Edit Staff Types and create a new staff type based on previous"5 lines drum set" whit the new drum notation
- go to Create>Other>Staff Type Change>Percussion and select the new Type that i've previously created
- now when i write down the chart the sounds are the normal "drum kit" and not the sounds that i've selected...and also the hi-hat, ride and cymbal symbols are the same and not the cross that i've selected

What can i do?

Thanks
Stefano
Life Won't Wait!

Zapruder

Post by Zapruder » Thu May 19, 2005 11:19 pm

Hi Stefano,

As far as I can see, you're doing everything right.
Just one thing:
- After your last step (selecting the new staff type) did you also CLICK at the start of the staff that you want to change? If not, the staff stype change is not implemented.
- Probably you did click, because that is the obvious thing to do, after selecting. If so, sorry for pointing out the obvious.

Let me know whether or not you clicked after selecting.

Zap
# I am NOT a "Professional Sibelius Trainer"
# Please state the Chapter(s) of the Sibelius User Guide you already searched in order to solve your problem.
# Remember that this is not an official Sibelius website.

Stepunk

Post by Stepunk » Fri May 20, 2005 12:30 pm

Zapruder wrote:Hi Stefano,

As far as I can see, you're doing everything right.
Just one thing:
- After your last step (selecting the new staff type) did you also CLICK at the start of the staff that you want to change? If not, the staff stype change is not implemented.
- Probably you did click, because that is the obvious thing to do, after selecting. If so, sorry for pointing out the obvious.

Let me know whether or not you clicked after selecting.

Zap

yes..i've clicked ;)

mmm..i can change to all the other staff type but not to the one that i've created! now i try to edit an existing staff type...
Life Won't Wait!