System break within bar?

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
inkasso

Post by inkasso » Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:25 pm

Hello @ Everyone!

At first I have to explain that my native language is German and I have some difficulties in translating musical terminology into English.

Now my problem:

I have a song I wish to enter into Sibelius. It's rhythm is 4/4 and it starts with an upbeat of 1/4. To enter the upbeat was no problem to me. The song continues with 3 complete bars followed by an incomplete one which has a rest of 1/4. After this incomplete bar, the system breaks and in the next line the song starts with the 1/4 rest of the last bar.

I would like to know, how I can tell Sibelius to start a new line after 3/4 of the bar and put the rest of the bar to the beginning of the new line.

Hope anybody understands what I'm tryin' to explain here. Any ideas anybody?

I CAN make it look like the printed version of the song by simply deleting the remaining pause in the affected bars, but Sibelius plays the song as if these pauses are still there. This is not what I want :)

Regards

inkasso

Makikes

Post by Makikes » Fri Dec 05, 2003 8:01 pm

Why don't you try this? If this is what you want, create an irregular bar of the size of a dotted minim. Then create another one of the size of a crotchet. The select the barline between the two newly created bars and press ENTER to make the second bar go to a different system. I think you'll get te desired effect.