how to switch between voices

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
swizard

Post by swizard » Sun May 22, 2011 4:06 pm

Is there a shortcut on mac for switching between voices 1-4? For example: you've clicked on a note in voice 1 and in this stave there is also a voice 2 and 3 and now you want to switch easily via shortcut to voice 2 or 3 (at the same position). Is that possible? Thanx for your help!

swizard

Post by swizard » Sun May 29, 2011 8:08 am

shortcut works fine. Thanx a lot!

Ander
Sibelius Version: 6
Operating System: Windows

Post by Ander » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:42 pm

I know this is an old thread—but this is such a basic question, and the reply, which seems to have answered it, doesn't appear here anymore. (That post is blank...?) Will someone please re-answer?

I'd actually like the answer for Windows, not Mac—but Mac users would probably appreciate knowing, too.

I've long wanted to know how to switch voices from the keyboard—especially since Sibelius (v6, at least) has an annoying bug of spontaneously switching back to Voice 1 as you use R- and L-arrow to move through existing music.

Thanks!

Ander
Sibelius Version: 6
Operating System: Windows

Post by Ander » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:51 pm

Found it!: Alt+Shift+up/down arrow

That's in Windows... Someone else will need to post the Mac equivalent, as I'm not a member of that free-spending cult. :lol:

I wouldn't have asked if the command were in the Sibelius Reference.—but oddly, it's not. Again, though, I'm using Sib. 6; it may have been added in subsequent versions (which also unfortunately aped Microsoft and switched from standard menus to the command "ribbon", halting me at v6).