Insert one or several entire bars

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
KJ_Palmer
Sibelius Version: 6.2, 7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by KJ_Palmer » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:33 am

From memory (as I'm at work) if you select something in the bar after which you want to insert more bars, then choose Create > Bar from the menu then either Single or Other and the number of bars you want. Or use Alt B. This is with Sibelius 6.

You shouldn't need to select bars to the end of the score anyhow and cut/paste. Sometimes if I try to insert a bar at the beginning I've had to cut/paste to the inserted bar which of course gets inserted as bar no. 2, but that's about it.

Hope this helps..

kbrandt

Post by kbrandt » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:27 am

Yes indeed, thank you!
I cant understand why I didnt find this myself :-)

I work with Sib7 and I found out how to insert bars at the beginning: deselect everything (esc), then choose add bar (click arrow), select one or more bars. Cursor turns blue. Now click the very first note.

thanks again!
cheers
Koen

AKSmusic
Sibelius Version: Version 2022
Operating System: Mac

Post by AKSmusic » Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:48 am

I have the same issue, since I used to be able to press "other", but now that function disappeared! There's only Add a single bar or Add bar at end. I just updated to the version of 2022. Anyone know what happened to that brilliant function? And how do I insert more than just a single bar in the middle of my score? Very grateful for any help.