doubling up instruments

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
samwilliams21

Post by samwilliams21 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:41 pm

Hi there guys!

I am currently trying to write a horn part for my score, but i need there to be 4 horns playing the same thing on the first few bars of the music. I have looked everywhere, but i dont know how to do this. Obviously you can just label the horn part 1&2 and part 3&4 but it wont increase the sound of the instrument. I really thought this would be alot easier, i was really just looking for a button which said 'double sound' or 'double players' or something.

it this possible in sibelius without duplicating the horn part on to 3 more additional staffs?

thanks alot guys,

Sam;)

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:26 am

If you want to hear four separate horns, then you need four separate horns.

1) notate them on separate staves, even if it's only for those few bars
2) you now need four different horns to playback. Using the same sound four times will not work at all. Possibly look at adding a new sound library to your arsenal. Garritan Personal Orchestra 4 or Miroslava Orchestra are the entry level routes for this, and they allow ensemble building from different sets of instrument samples.

bobp

Post by bobp » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:17 pm

Sam

Andy's idea of four staves is what you need to do if you want more volume from four horns playing the same notes. if you don't care to write four staves and playback is all you are concerned about, you could put a higher dynamic on the unison notes.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop