Guitar Fretboard.

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
lacatedral

Post by lacatedral » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:14 pm

Greetings, it seems the guitar fretboard displays incorrect notes, both for note input or playing.
For example whenever I clic the C on the fretboard (fifth string, third fret), Sibelius reads it as a B.
Also, it seems that the guitar score octavates everything I write.

[PC - Windows 7 - Sibellius 7.5]
Sibelius 7/ PC / 4Gb RAM / Windows 7 Ultimate.

bobp

Post by bobp » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:36 am

I've never used the guitar fretboard. So I opened it to see is it does the same thing yours does. It does not. When I play your C, Sibelius plays a C. Don't forget that Guitar is not notated in the same octave it plays. Did you create a guitar sometime that is a step off in pitch? A long shot, I know.
By the way, Update to 7.5.1.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

lacatedral

Post by lacatedral » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:08 pm

bobp wrote:I've never used the guitar fretboard. So I opened it to see is it does the same thing yours does. It does not. When I play your C, Sibelius plays a C. Don't forget that Guitar is not notated in the same octave it plays. Did you create a guitar sometime that is a step off in pitch? A long shot, I know.
By the way, Update to 7.5.1.
Well I recently solved this. It turns out there is an instrument "Guitar [Notation]" which inputs notes incorrectly, as I specified before.
I changed it to "Classical Guitar [Notation]" and it worked. The fret worked alright. I also tried "Acoustic Guitar [Notation]" and it also works.

bobp

Post by bobp » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:22 pm

Interesting, I don't even see "Guitar [Notation]".
Glad you found a fix.
Bob Porter

lacatedral

Post by lacatedral » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:26 pm

bobp wrote:Interesting, I don't even see "Guitar [Notation]".
Glad you found a fix.

Maybe because my version is 7.5 but the default "Guitar" is "Guitar [notation]".
In addition to "Classical Guitar" and "Acoustic Guitar" this "problem" is fixed with "Jazz Guitar" and other types with guitars, I don't know why the default guitar comes with this problem.
Thanks for all the replies.

bobp

Post by bobp » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:22 pm

I have 7.5.1
When I create a new score, I start with a blank page, then add instruments. I can find no "Guitar [notation]" in that menu. In a score that has your problem, scroll over the instrument name (above the fader) and see what Sibelius actually loaded.
Bob Porter