Shortcut key for "OK"?

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
MikeL

Post by MikeL » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:39 am

Folks, the "Repeats" dialog box is great for selectively playing bars, but moving the mouse pointer to "OK" is awkward. Is there a short-cut key for "OK"?

bobp

Post by bobp » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:09 pm

I don't know.
It's not like you are trying to invoke a procedure. Sibelius is waiting for you to hit the OK button (or Cancel). You will notice that the OK button is highlighted, in which case if you hit Enter it is like pressing OK. Except in the case of manual repeats. If you enter an array of repeat measures and hit enter, the line advances and is waiting for more entries. You would have to select manual repeats/enter the parameters/select (for example) no repeats/select manual repeats/"Enter" for that to work.

I selectively play sections of a score by selecting the measure where I want play to start/hit "P" and that instrument starts playing at that point. If I want the whole score to play, I select any note from the place of interest and hit "P".
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

MikeL

Post by MikeL » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:47 am

Thanks, bobp, yes, Manual Repeats were the problem, but my skill-level with keyboard and mouse has now increased enough to meet the challenge :)