2nd Voice

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
zicktom

Post by zicktom » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:55 pm

Boy, have I been struggling with this, poring over the instructions, still unable to decipher it. I want to add a 2nd voice. Let's say I have a bar with 4 quarter notes playing. E, played 4 times. I'd like the stems to be pointing down. Because above these quarter notes I would like a second voice, a series of dotted eighth and sixteenths, stems pointing up.

I started by inputting my Voice 1 quarter notes, E's, four of them, black in color, the stems appeared pointing up. Then I clicked on Voice 2 and input a green colored dotted eighth, C, above my first black quarter note. It appeared okay, however it was not directly above the black quarter note, but a little to the right, and the stem was pointing down. I continued with my series of dotted eighths and sixteenths, but of course it looks terrible as they are not lined up properly. I went in and individually changed the direction of the stems on Voice 2, but the appearance is still off kilter.

I must be missing a step. It seems I would be able to input a 2nd Voice that lines up directly with Voice 1 and has the stems automatically aiming properly. I've gone over and over the instructions. Any help out there? Many thanks.

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:06 pm

ALWAYS input higher notes in Voice 1 and Lower Notes in Voice 2.