Sharing a file

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
zicktom

Post by zicktom » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:31 pm

I'm really sorry for all the questions. But I'm trying to learn quickly.
Today's dilemma....
I have a desktop and a laptop computer. Sibelius 7.5 is loaded on both. I created a song on my laptop computer, loaded it into my Drop Box, then put it onto my desktop computer, on the desktop page. But when I try to open the song it asks what program I want to open it with. It shows me a list of my programs, and Sybelius is not listed there! So I can't open it.

Sybelius is definitely on my computer. I can open the program. But I can't get my new song into it. I click and drag it into the "Recent" area but it won't stay there. I try copying and pasting, but no use.

Any help?!

bobp

Post by bobp » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:01 pm

Seems to me that if you open Sibelius, and go to File/Open, a window will open that is the location of the last place you opened a sib file from(probably Scores). The left side of that window will be a tree view of other places on your computer. Desktop may be one of them. If not you may need to expand various entries to find Desktop. Select it and your sib file should be there. If not make sure Sibelius is looking for a sib file (see bottom of window) and not some other file type (midi or xml). All this is true of any Windows software.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop