MIDI Device vanished from list!

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
zicktom

Post by zicktom » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:56 pm

Any idea why my MIDI device (Yamaha YPG-535) would suddenly disappear from the list of Input Devices? It's been working fine for weeks. I always turn on the keyboard first, then the computer, which is what I did this morning. But it's not on the list anymore (it was the only device listed, BTW), so now I can't do any composing! I've tried turning them both on and off, a couple of times, but no results.

Any advice out there?
Tom

zicktom

Post by zicktom » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:06 pm

Okay, problem over. Re-booting computer for the THIRD time did the trick!
Tom

zicktom

Post by zicktom » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:34 pm

Further info on this problem. THis morning I turned everything on and, once again, my MIDI Device was not on the list. So I turned off the computer. Then this time, when I started it again, I gave it a good long time to FULLY come on and load in everything it's supposed to (or at least that's the image I played in my mind). I didn't rush into the program and start composing. I waited a few minutes for everything to complete. Then I pulled up a document and there was my MIDI device on the list and everything was fine. So from now on I'm going to be a little more patient when starting up.

Tom

bobp

Post by bobp » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:14 pm

Do you have the latest drivers for your Yamaha. Also, sometimes a complete shut down is better that a restart. My wife calls a shutdown, "Letting the computer think about it's sins."
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

HaroldNHulsey

Post by HaroldNHulsey » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:00 am

:lol: