Installing problems with Sibelius 7.5

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
musenick
Sibelius Version: 7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by musenick » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:45 pm

Hello, I've got some problems with installing Sibelius 7.5. Is it possible to get help from a distance, that someone is willing to help by logging into my computer. The problem is: when I press a key on the music keyboard, the sound comes about 1 second later!

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:38 pm

That's not an installation problem, that's latency. The time taken for your computer's audio system to produce the sound. As you haven't given any info on what you have and what operating system you're using, it's impossible to give advice. You should be able to get this down to a small amount.

A search for 'latency' on here or the official Sibelius forum would probably pay dividends and you definitely don't want to be inviting people to control your PC from a distance! Whilst there are people out there who would be happy to help, there are also others who would have other things in mind. Would you give a stranger your house keys and ask them to fix something while you weren't at home?

If your intention is to play live from your keyboard into Sibelius, then read this article - several times! :)

http://www.sibeliusblog.com/tips/taming ... ncy-beast/