Staff plays back an octave low

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
hkellogg

Post by hkellogg » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:57 pm

I think this is probably an easy question; but I am just re-learning to use Sibelius after a lengthy absence. Any help would be appreciated.

I scanned a score with Neuratron Photoscore and then transferred the results to Sibelius. The score includes a staff which is shared by Tenor and Bass singers (I selected instrument to be "singer" | "tenor" in Photoscore), with a bass clef. But when I play back the notes, it plays an octave lower than it should. Also the lower notes (below about the middle of the staff) don't play at all. I haven't been able to figure out either why it ended up like that, or how to change it. I have tried several things, e.g. replacing the bass clef with a new one, replacing it with an up-one-octave bass clef; but nothing seems to help. Suggestions? Thanks.

bobp

Post by bobp » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:53 pm

I use photoscore to get the notes and key signatures right. I leave the voice as piano until after I transfer to Sibelius. I know, I know. Everyone says don't do it that way. But I think it works out better my way. So then you end up with a bass clef staff that is for the tenor and bass. In Sibelius you use the mixer to change that to choir male. You ran into trouble because tenor is usually written on a treble clef staff, sounding an octave down.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop