Audio engine won't start

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
terryholland
Sibelius Version: First 7
Operating System: Mac

Post by terryholland » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:32 am

Hi all,

I started getting this error right after my first month expired. It gives instructions on what to do, but although the error box says Sibelius 7 First on it. I believe these instructions are for the full version of Sibelius.

The instruction in the box says "Audio engine failed to start in Rewire mode. Choose Play > Playback Devices, Click audio engine options, then Clean Uo, then Restart.

That sounds straightforward, but there is no playback devices under play. There is no audio engine options anywhere. I tried switching from MIDI basic to Sibelius first sounds under Configurations without helping.

Can anyone translate this instruction to Sibelius First? Otherwise I'll need to cough up the money for assistance.

Thanks

bobp

Post by bobp » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:41 pm

In the Play tap, all the way to the left, is the Setup box, labeled Configuration and Mixer. Click the arrow next to the word Setup. That brings up the Playback Devices window. Click the Audio Engine Options button in the lower left.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

terryholland
Sibelius Version: First 7
Operating System: Mac

Post by terryholland » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:11 pm

Thanks Bobp! That worked perfectly. I thought I'd pushed each button, but missed this.

Much Appreciated.

bobp

Post by bobp » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:46 pm

You're welcome. Why they make this so hard to find, I don't know.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop