Sibelius Forum Store | Buy Sheet Music

How to add Accelerando bars?

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").

How to add Accelerando bars?

Postby NOTAHIPPO4 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:31 pm

How do I add accelerando bars? Not accelerando LINES, but BARS(convergent), the ones found in keypad 2. I keep clicking on it but nothing happens. I select a note and click the button and stil, nothing happens.
NOTAHIPPO4

Re: How to add Accelerando bars?

by Sponsor

Forum Sponsor

Postby andyg » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:13 pm

I guess you actually mean feathered beam accellerandos, as they are found on the third keypad, not the second (on Sib 7.13).

If so, enter the notes in the time value of the shortest notes. Then select the 3rd keypad, click on the icon on the on screen keypad or press 0 in a real keypad.

So if you enter a group of semiquavers (16ths) and click on the feathered beam icon, you get the appropriate appearance for an accellerando.
andyg

Postby NOTAHIPPO4 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:25 am

andyg wrote:I guess you actually mean feathered beam accellerandos, as they are found on the third keypad, not the second (on Sib 7.13).

If so, enter the notes in the time value of the shortest notes. Then select the 3rd keypad, click on the icon on the on screen keypad or press 0 in a real keypad.

So if you enter a group of semiquavers (16ths) and click on the feathered beam icon, you get the appropriate appearance for an accellerando.

Thank you sooooo much!!! This really helped!
NOTAHIPPO4

Postby ianrenton » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:43 pm

andyg wrote:I guess you actually mean feathered beam accellerandos, as they are found on the third keypad, not the second (on Sib 7.13).

Super helpful. Thanks
ianrenton