sound library not in play configuration

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
Sonny
Sibelius Version: Ultimate
Operating System: Windows

Post by Sonny » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:27 pm

Re: sound library
I used the free trial of Sibelius. Later, when I bought the program, I got the licensed download, but the sound library did not come along automatically. When I wanted to export to a .wav file, the sounds did not show up in my play configuration. I found out one has to download the program AND the sound library. I downloaded the sounds, but I should have selected C:, program files, Avid as the folder. I ended up downloading the entire program and the sound files again before I got everything to work. The sound library must be loaded into the Avid folder, then it will pretty much install automatically. I hope this helps someone.

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:43 pm

Actually, you can put the sound library anywhere you like, but you tell Sibelius where to find it. The defaults work automatically as you have found, but many people have chosen to put the sounds on a different drive. It just needs to be a fast one!

And there should have been no need to re-download anything. If you downloaded the app and the library and saved them to your computer, they would still be there ready to have another try at installation.