Only bass and treble clefs available in Sibelius First?

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
ridecaster
Sibelius Version: first
Operating System: Windows

Post by ridecaster » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:18 pm

Hi I'm writing a solo cello piece and want to change to tenor clef, but the clef dialogue box (pressing "q" or from the ribbon) only gives me the option of selecting treble or bass clef. I can use treble clef, but tenor would be better. :D Any ideas? Does the First version not support tenor clef? The User Guide seems to indicate that it does, but if so, I have not found a way to add it to the dialogue. Is there a keyboard method of doing this (not pressing "q")

bobp

Post by bobp » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:16 pm

What does "User Guide seems to indicate that it does," mean? "First is so stripped down that I wouldn't be surprised if it only had two clefs.
In previous versions, a right click would bring up a menu that included "clef".
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:31 am

You can find this information here: https://www.avid.com/sibelius-ultimate/ ... l-features

Although it doesn't specificall mention clefs, the implication is that these are only available in Ultimate.

I think you'll find that a free program like First will give you a less than satisfactory experience.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk