Convert Piano sheet to 4 part vocal sheet

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
ttuong97
Sibelius Version: 8.0
Operating System: Windows

Post by ttuong97 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:15 pm

I have a hymn score entered for piano (i.e. in the mixer, only one part shows). It is in standard piano layout (treble and bass staves with text in between). Is there an easy way to convert this to a four part vocal score without re-entering everything? For example, for the soprano, I'm assuming it would involve copying the treble staff, entering it as a new voice, and then deleting the lower (alto) notes, and then repeating this for each voice. But I'm not even sure how to copy one staff and enter it as a new voice/part. Any advice would be appreciated ...

bobp

Post by bobp » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:40 am

Sure.
This can be done in your existing score by adding soprano, alto, tenor, and bass lines. Or it can be done using two scores. The second one being your new vocal parts.
Triple click the treble piano line to select it all. Then use the filter For Copying top note. The soprano notes should all turn blue. Copy just as you would text ( ctrl+c). Go to your four part score, select the first measure of the soprano line and Paste. Do the same for the alto, except select the second note for copy. For the tenor, select the bass clef staff rinse and repeat. If your don't have the full version of Sibelius, you can still copy and paste but you may not be able to select which notes. You can copy and paste lyrics, too.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

ttuong97
Sibelius Version: 8.0

Post by ttuong97 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:09 pm

So easy, Thanks you so much <3, but I want to find a Plugin to do this automatic :))

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5

Post by MikeLyons » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:29 am

Therre is a function to 'explode' multiple parts onto multiple staves. Depending on which version of Sib you have it should be on the Note Input tab of the ribbon.

How you tackle things will depend on how the music is currently arranged. Is it two parts in separate voices on each staff or diads in one voice ?
How to tell? If the stems point in opposite directions it is in 2 voices. If there are two noteheads to one stem they are in a single voice. If the former, Bob's solution will not work because both parts are the 'top note' in that voice.

Use triple click followed by [ctrl][alt]1 or [ctrl][alt]2 to select the appropriate voice. The numbers are the ones on the top row of the keyboard, NOT the number pad. Then [ctrl]c (copy) and then paste into the appropriate staff. When you paste the Alto and Bass parts, it is as well to change them to voice 1. Press the following sequence to do that and get rid of left over rests:

After pasting, triple click, [alt]1, triple click,[ctrl][shift][alt]2, [delete]

See pics for location of these in sib 7 and up and sib 6 (2 different places in the menu for arrange and explode)
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

Chivley3
Sibelius Version: 3.0

Post by Chivley3 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:41 am

Guys, I am a newbie here. I am looking for a PDF to Word converter. Which tools do you use for this one?

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5

Post by MikeLyons » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:26 am

Word 2016 has a built in pdf reader.

What has this got to do with Sibelius?
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

Chivley3
Sibelius Version: 3.0

Post by Chivley3 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:29 am

MikeLyons wrote:Word 2016 has a built in pdf reader.

What has this got to do with Sibelius?
Nothing but I need this for my personal task.Thanks!