Help!!! I'm panicking!

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
zicktom

Post by zicktom » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:12 pm

Hello! I was composing a song. Suddenly out of nowhere, my sleeve must have brushed something on the keyboard or something, and I looked up and all my music has been replaced by these symbols that tell you how many bars you've used. You know, a bar will be filled with two long black lines and on top it will have a number, in bold, telling you how many bars are in that time signature. All the music is gone. It's just those thick lines with the different numbers on top of all the bars.

I naturally tried the undo arrow, but nothing changed. Does anyone know how I can get my music back?!?!?!?!

THank you!!!

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:14 pm

Are you viewing a part? Press w. Does this return you to the score?
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

zicktom

Post by zicktom » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:19 pm

Thank you sooooooooooooooooooooo much! Pressing W brought it all back!!! To think, one little button!!! Do you know how it happened in the first place? As far as I could tell I did nothing out of the ordinary. I was just writing my song!!!

Thank you a million!!!!

Tom

Rhypht
Sibelius Version: 2018.7
Operating System: Windows

Post by Rhypht » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:48 pm

zicktom wrote:Thank you sooooooooooooooooooooo much! Pressing W brought it all back!!! To think, one little button!!! Do you know how it happened in the first place? As far as I could tell I did nothing out of the ordinary. I was just writing my song!!!

Thank you a million!!!!

Tom
W is the default hotkey to switch between the score view and part view. So if you accidentally hit W, the part view would have opened in a new tab and switched your view to that. If you just hit W to return to the regular view, you should still have the part view as a tab. You can click the tab to view it again, or close it if you don't need it.