Can I customize Playback Location Settings?

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
Morriah
Sibelius Version: 2019
Operating System: Mac

Post by Morriah » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:01 pm

Hello everyone,

I am wondering if it possible to edit 'Start Playback location' settings in Sibelius Ultimate 2019.5

For example, if I listen to part I work on, and something sound incorrect, I may listen to entire small part/piece of score, and wish to go back and listen again. Instead of need to navigate to original time I begin playback to listen to new part, I would much prefer if I can do this:
>> Press Spacebar to begin Playback (00:08:30)
>> Press Spacebar to Stop Playback (00:09:15)
>> Press Spacebar again to listen to section, from the place I previously set for playback (00:08:30)

- or -

Click on any part of score, and playback from selected note/bar(?)

I guess I should ask this:
This Sib has Playback choices I may set. I look in Preferences with no luck, I look through Sib Notation Essentials Book I have, as well as Sibelius Reference Guide, without any indication of options I may change between.

Any thoughts, knowledge, guidance, will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reading,
-cMorr
Gear:
- iMac: OS X
- Avid: Sibelius Ultimate
- MOTU UltraLite mk3 Hybrid
- Kurzweil PC88mx Pro Controller
- VSL Ensemble Pro
- G-Player

bobp

Post by bobp » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:13 pm

In my version of Sibelius, I select a note where I want playback to start and hit "P". Space bar stops playback. Hit "P" again to start playback from original selected position. Works until you do something like select a note to change some aspect of it. Then you have to go back and select a new, or the original playback starting point. Should be in your manual.
This seems easier that trying to set up a playback loop. I'm not sure y ou can do that, anyway.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop