extra staff problem

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
inkivan
Sibelius Version: 7.1
Operating System: Windows

Post by inkivan » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:02 am

The staves added to the score as Extra Staff in Home/Instruments/Add or Remove which are the staves of the same instrument cannot be moved down-up i.e. cannot change the vertical ordering in which they appear. For example, I need to move one of such Extra Staff above the stave of the same instrument. How can staves added as Extra Staff which already have note input be moved down-up?
In case are added as Extra Staff they are automatically binded together by sub-brackets. It seems to me that staves binded together by sub-brackets cannot be moved down-up. Can staves be added as Extra Staff but so that they appear with brackets so they could be moved down-up ?

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:36 am

In a word - no!

Extra staves are fixed. That's the whole point of them. If you want to change the order, you could try two methods:

1. Select the staff you want to move and another staff where you want it to go. use the plugin Exchange Staff Contents
2. Use ordinary instruments instead of extra staves and add sub brackets yourself from the rt-click menu (Other-->Bracket or Brace-->Subbracket.

Consider why you are using this method instead of the normal one - it's obviously not as flexible.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2024.3.1, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 4, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk