Voices problem

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
inkivan
Sibelius Version: 7.1
Operating System: Windows

Post by inkivan » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:35 pm

Concerning the reduction of staves issue it would be all right for me to use Voices. But, since I already wrote the music on individual staves including single voices I need to reduce the number of staves putting more voices on a single stave. In the particular case which appears in the score I would need to bind together 3 staves on 1 stave. So, this would mean that the music from those 3 staves should appear as 3 Voices on a single stave. From your letter you wrote me I am not sure if you want to indicate me that the only way to do this is to create new instruments and copy the music into 3 Voices on a single stave. The actual difficulty is that there are many such cases in the score which also appear simultaneously. It would be best if there is some kind of automatic action which reduces the number of staves, i.e. puts the selected staves including single voices on a single stave including more voices without the necessity of copying manually. This holds for the music throughout these staves, i.e. the single voices on them which should be bound together always appear on the same staves rendered to them from the initial moment without any changes of the stave on which they appear. These staves systematically appear as groups including 3 staves which should all be transformed to Voices, i.e. every group including 3 staves should become a single stave with Voice 1, Voice 2, Voice 3. It is needed that the program perceives 3 staves as 3 Voices. Therefore, is there some option of stave reduction if I select the staves including single voices which would put them on a single stave using Voices?