Accordion Chord Playback

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
mattiasnygren
Sibelius Version: 8.5
Operating System: Mac

Post by mattiasnygren » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:08 pm

Hello!
I'm trying to write some sheet music for accordion. When writing for accordion, the treble clef tells what to play with the right hand and the bass clef is there for the bass and chord buttons. My question is:
How do I make Sibelius tell the difference between "bass notation" and "chord notation" in the bass clef? And:
What kind of "Text" do I use to write "M" or "m" above chords to specify if they are major or minor chords?
When I write notes in the bass clef they are all played back as single bass notes. I attached an example of how I'm used to read accordion sheet music.

Sorry if i posted in the wrong thread or something, i registered just to ask this question so I'm very new to this forum!
/Mattias
Attachments
Skärmavbild 2020-11-23 kl. 15.30.59.png
example, not my composition
Skärmavbild 2020-11-23 kl. 15.30.59.png (173.14 KiB) Viewed 1576 times

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:09 pm

Easy!

I used the supplied Piano template/manuscript paper from the Quick Start menu, and input the notes shown. I used Technique Text for the 'm' and 7. Just select the bass clef note - Ctrl+T then type the letter or number. I adjusted the vertical position of the letters to closely match your example, but to be honest, the default position was just fine. The whole process took around three minutes for this extract - your speed may vary! :)

But it will not play back the chords, Sibelius won't do that.
accordion.jpg
accordion.jpg (50.13 KiB) Viewed 1571 times