Control P doing odd things

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
zicktom

Post by zicktom » Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:03 pm

I used to highlight a note, then hit Control-P and it would play from that note. Now I hit Control P and it either enlarges the current page (very large), which I do not want -- or it brings up the current page so that I can PRINT IT! Have I accidentally activated something??? How can I get back to where Control-P just means "play from here?"
Thanks for any help!

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:12 pm

To get playback from a specific note, just highlight it and press P on its own. That's how it's always been.

Similarly, Ctrl-P has always been the standard Windows command for print.

If you've been creating your own keyboard shortcuts for any reason, then all bets are off. You'll have to find out what you've done and undo it!

zicktom

Post by zicktom » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:20 pm

Thank you. Now this sounds crazy, but I've been keeping my laptop right next to a window that is very cold as our area is going through below freezing weather right now. Would cold temperature cause my laptop to behave erratically?

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:30 pm

1. There are no such things as "cold temperatures"! Temperatures do not freeze either. Low temperatures or High or mild temperatures are correct. You can hardly be expected to get it right when TV weathermen/women and so-called scientists also get it wrong. But hey, that's what I'm here for!

2. No.

Something, perhaps another program, could be over-riding your keyboard shortcuts. Another possibility is that the laptop has not had a proper shut down and rest. Check the keyboard shortcuts in File Preferences and make sure it looks a bit like mine.
prefs kybd shorts.png
prefs kybd shorts.png (67.57 KiB) Viewed 3768 times
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk