Adding symbols not working SIBELIUS Ultimate Trial.

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
MacG64
Sibelius Version: 6
Operating System: Windows

Post by MacG64 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:58 am

Hi,

A couple of days ago started the free trial for SIBELIUS Ultimate. I know the SIBELIUS Ultimate trial is "happening", because across the top bar the count-down has started (i.e, you 29 days of your free trial 30-day trial remaining). Also the ribbon has changed and I can now see the gallery for adding symbols. I can click on this and see all of the symbols available.

Have checked out the Reference Guide, which states
“Select the note next to which you want to add a symbol, then choose Notations>Symbols>Symbol.
The gallery opens….
Select a symbol from the gallery and it is created in the score

All I am trying to do is add a “tr” above a note in the score. I do all of the above as stated in the Reference Guide. I click on the note in question, a crotchet, to which I want to add the trill, the note turns blue. I bring up the symbols gallery and click on “tr”. The box with “tr” in it turns turquoise and the word “trill” appears just below the symbols gallery but absolutely nothing happens on the score.

At the bottom of the “gallery” menu there are a few buttons “Edit”, “New” “Music Fonts” and “Close”. Nothing about “Add”, but according to the Reference Guide I shouldn’t need to click anything like “Add” anyway.

Am I missing something???

Any help most gratefully received.

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5

Post by MikeLyons » Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:02 pm

For God's sake, step away from the zymbols gallery! :D :D :D

If you are inputting a trill, use LINES. Just press the letter L (lower case - i made it upper because I can't tell the difference between l and I in this font!) If you don't want the extender line, with the end of the line selected press [shift][space] to move it back.
lines.png
lines.png (63.49 KiB) Viewed 3765 times
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

MacG64
Sibelius Version: 6

Post by MacG64 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:20 pm

Hi Mike,

Thanks so much for responding! Think you have answered one of my previous posts as I "crash" my way through getting to grips with this programme! So, thanks again!!

Trill duly inserted as per your instructions!!

Sally

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5

Post by MikeLyons » Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:53 pm

Glad to have helped.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk