Behringer UMC22 sound card issue

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
Liviomusic
Sibelius Version: version 2019.1
Operating System: Windows

Post by Liviomusic » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:05 pm

Hello everybody.

I am trying to setup this soundcard on my laptop (ASUS A55v) to use it with Sibelius version 2019.1 but I am not finding the sound card on the input device option.
I would like to use the device to record my electric piano and have the score written on Sibelius, can anybody confirm whether is possible or not?

I have successfully installed the device's driver, as well as ASIO4ALL and I can correctly see the device input and output from the control panel sound setting.

Does anybody know how to do it? I have tried searching both on the manual reference and online but unsuccessfully. Any help would be much appreciated.

Best,
Livio.

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2

Post by andyg » Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:36 pm

If the card is ASIO capable, then you must use its own native ASIO driver, not ASIO4ALL. And do ensure that you have installed the very latest version of the driver. Go to Behringer's website and don't trust Windows if it says you have the latest version!

Audioscore Lite should built into later versions of Sibelius and you could try using, but personally I wouldn't even bother. It will worth with a single line melody, if played in time with correct intonation, but if you get into more complex polyphonic (in either or both senses of the word) then it will fall down. There will be a lot - and I do mean a lot - of correcting and tidying up to be done. Even the more capable audio to MIDI/notation apps suffer, I've not come across one that really works.

Once you get to a certain level of proficiency with Sibelius, it will be quicker to input manually.

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5

Post by MikeLyons » Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:54 am

Are you using Sibelius or Sibelius Ultimate? You can't do any serious work on plain Sibelius. If you are trying to input notes directly from your keyboard (Flexi-Time) then I don't know whether Sibelius will do that. Sibelius Ultimate WILL do it, but the results usually need considerable editing. It's often easier - and quicker - to just use the typing keyoard.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk