how to save/export custom guitar chord diagrams?

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
chrisDV
Sibelius Version: 2020.6
Operating System: Mac

Post by chrisDV » Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:36 pm

Please help, I've been searching the net but can't find this info.

The auto generated chord diagrams are not usefull to me, in fact they're very uncommon.
revoicing chord diagram only brings up more uncommon guitar chords (sibelius, where do you find these chords :roll: ?)
So Each time I make a new jazz lead sheet, I have to re-enter all the guitar chords manually :cry:

is there a way to either save a chord library I've created? or import someone elses? e.g. a realbook jazz guitar chord library?

chrisDV

Post by chrisDV » Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:31 am

does anyone else has this feeling? asking a question about Sibelius on the net, never receiving a reply :lol:
feeling like the one human being left that's actually using Sibelius :lol: :mrgreen:

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:53 pm

Have you asked on the official Sibelius forum? This unofficial site only has three active responders and I can't help you, so that's 1/3 of the possible help gone!

The official site will get replies. https://www.sibelius.com/cgi-bin/helpce ... ?groupid=3

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5

Post by MikeLyons » Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:12 pm

Same here.Unfortunately I have little knowledge of chord symbols. They are not something I use in the kinds of music I write. As Andy said, go to the Official Avid Sibelius forum.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

chrisDV

Post by chrisDV » Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:39 am

yes I have asked official SIbelius Forum
https://www.sibelius.com/cgi-bin/helpce ... gram&name=

as expected, they don't no either.
there is just no support whatsoever

MikeLyons

Post by MikeLyons » Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:54 pm

While I agree that Avid's support is poor to outright crappy, the people who answer other users questions are just that - other users. We are not employees of avid, we are sibelius users like yourself and we have many, many years of experience between us. We give our help free and in the spirit of helping other users. If you are not getting the answers you want, maybe you should consider that what you are asking is simply not do-able at the moment, or whether you have given us enough information to work on.

On the Official forum, there are at least 2 staffers who regularly answer questions. Maybe you phrased your question in the wrong way? Maybe, just maybe, there's a reason the guitar players haven't instantly jumped all over this and you're being impatient? (I mean, we're all gigging again, aren't we!)

As I have said, I'm not a guitar expert but, given human nature, if sibelius' guitar chords were so uncommon as you suggest I'd have heard the frequent, loud complaints from the many guitarists and writers for guitar who have been out there for the last 25 years. I have seen no such complaints.

You haven't even given people any information about your system - yes it DOES make a difference. We need to know if this is on Mac or on PC. Which version of the OS and, especially, which exact tier/version of Sibelius.

Please help us to help you.

Incidentally, does the section on chord symbols in the manual not help? (Ch 5.8, 5.9, 5.10 and 5.11)
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

Jimatunes
Sibelius Version: Sibelius 7

Post by Jimatunes » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:59 am

It is not the first time I have encountered people asking questions about Slbelius and getting any replies. This one at least has a few replies. The community has the purpose of helping free and in the spirit of helping other users. If you are not getting the answers you want, maybe you should consider that what you are asking is simply not doable at the moment or whether you have given us enough information to work on. Try checking it on other websites such as https://ironageaccessories.com/collections/choosing-the-right-pick that come up with articles related to guitars. Maybe you can find something useful there.
Last edited by Jimatunes on Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MikeLyons

Post by MikeLyons » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:06 pm

I know people feel like this and, as I have said, Avid's so-called support is laughable. However, consider this. People who come here do so from all over the world. Time zones can vary by as much as 12 hours in either direction and people here may not have any knowledge of your issue. Guitar music being a prime example for me. If we have knowledge, we will give it freely and without holding anything back, but we don't tend to speculate about things we know nothing about. That causes another kind of reputational damage.

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2

Post by andyg » Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:44 am

Exactly, at least two of us are in the UK, and we do have work to do as well as hopping on to forums. Not sure where K J lives but if he's in the UK as well, people will just have to wait until it's a suitable time here!

And with only three of us, there's a fair chance that it may be something outside our ken.

Hence the recommendation that people use the official forum. Much wider user base there including Avid Staff so most questions are answered quite quickly. This forum was once the refuge of those with cracked copies of Sibelius who couldn't join the official group for obvious reasons. I wonder if Avid would like to buy the domain name and use it as a redirect to the official page! :)

KJ_Palmer
Sibelius Version: 6.2, 7.5

Post by KJ_Palmer » Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:32 pm

Yep, I'm in the UK too, London area. I came to this forum first when I got stuck in Sib 5, and liked the style, and all the helpful tips. The official forum seemed a little less friendly and aloof. Only ever used Avid support once, to deregister a Sibelius installation. With all the trouble people are having I think Sib 7.5 will be the end of the line for me. Luckily it's been stable a good few years now, even works well in Windows 11 and serves my humble needs.
Sibelius 6.2, 7.5.1, Windows 11