Can not log out of Avid Link

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
vagl
Sibelius Version: Ultimate
Operating System: Windows

Post by vagl » Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:41 pm

Hi, first of all sorry if this is not the right place for this, but I really tried contacting support from Avid with no response and all the possible solutions I could find out there. So I thought trying this forum could be helpful.

I just need to logout from Avid Link and then login with my actual account. For some reason, after its last update, Avid Link keeps logging automatically to an old account of mine that does not have my Sibelius Ultimate license, and I could not find a way (an icon, option or whatsoever) to make it log out.

Please, help! Thanks a lot!

KJ_Palmer
Sibelius Version: 6.2, 7.5

Post by KJ_Palmer » Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:43 am

Not sure if this will work, or if you've already done this, but have you tried deleting all your browser's cache, cookies, history, maybe passwords etc? It should be under your browser's settings. If you use MS Edge/Chrome, Settings is under the three dots, and you can search for cache, cookies and so on.

Personally I use CCleaner (the free version) to clear all this and other stuff fairly regularly, and the windows disk cleanup utility. Use all the available cleanup options. This always seems to log me out of everything. Anyway, hope this will be of some help.
Sibelius 6.2, 7.5.1, Windows 11

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5

Post by MikeLyons » Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:28 am

If you are on Windows, you can log out by right clicking on the Avid Link Icon in the taskbar and chosing "Sign out". I assume Macs have a similar process.
avid link sign out.png
avid link sign out.png (12.76 KiB) Viewed 6319 times
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2

Post by andyg » Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:13 am

Good advice, but do remember that this is the unofficial forum and there are only three of us answering questions - that's if we know the answers!

Official forum: https://www.sibelius.com/cgi-bin/helpce ... ?groupid=3