Does Sibelius First have Drum Notation & PDF to Midi?

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
processing
Sibelius Version: First
Operating System: Windows

Post by processing » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:03 am

Hi,

I am completely new to Sibelius. I have opened Sibelius First for the first time and find no reference to drums, but I am probably looking in the wrong place. Is it here?

The main function I am looking for at present is PDF to Midi. I noticed it was greyed out when I created my first score. I have lots of drum scores which I would like to convert to midi and get into Cubase.

Which version should I upgrade to for these functions please?
Are there any specific tutorials for drums?

Is it possible to exchange music / email addresses on here? I am looking for Trinity Rock & Pop Drums Grade 1-8 in sheet music and midi format. If you have these, perhaps we can agree something.

Thanks and have a wonderful day

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:04 pm

Sibelius First is so crippled and feature disabled that, to be honest, it's not worth using. Sibelius Artist is a bit better but still has lots of features missing. Ultimate is the only fully featured version.

So things that are greyed out may not be available to you.

You could try Musescore 4.1. It's free and beats the heck out of First and Artist.

As for 'sharing' copyright scores and material, that would be slightly naughty! :wink: And there are so few people on this old, rather moribund, forum that there wouldn't be many people working on the Trinity material anyway. :(