Drag objects that are out of my paper limit

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
ebarroso

Post by ebarroso » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:47 pm

Hi there,

How can I drag objects that I accidentally drag out of my paper limit and now I can´t put them back into the score?.

Thank you so much in advance!!!

Sebasian

Post by Sebasian » Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:50 pm

ebarroso wrote:How can I drag objects that I accidentally drag out of my paper limit
There are a few things you can try. The first is to use a really tiny zoom (25% or 12.5%) to see if that brings objects within range so you can move them with the mouse.

If you have a higher resolution screen mode than the one you are using, or if you can switch your monitot from landscape to portrait mode, using these may also bring objects within reach.

All objects are attached to a note or bar. If you switch on View > Attachment lines, then use Ctrl-A to select everything, or at least select the passage where these objects are, you should see thin dotted lines connecting the object to the bar (even if you can't see the object). Now you can do a few things - for instance, delete the note the objects are attached to, and re-enter. Or you can use Tab and Shift-Tab to move from one object to the next - this should allow you to select most objects. Once the object is selected, click on Layout > Reset Position (Ctrl-Shift-P or Mac equivalent) or Layout > Reset Design (Ctrl-Shift-D) or use the arrow keys to move things back to a better position.

I hope one of these works for you.

dspreadbury

Post by dspreadbury » Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:44 pm

Use Shift-click-drag to select it, starting your drag on the paper, and then making the marquis enclose the object off the edge of the paper.

ebarroso

Post by ebarroso » Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:25 pm

Worked Great, you guys are the best, thanks a lot!!!

Best, Edgar