Simplyfy accidentals and crossover stems

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
adriano

Post by adriano » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:17 am

Why this: In scores with beams crossing over barlines (last note of a bar binding the first of the following bar), once you activate the "simplify accidentals" feature, all theses beams disappear?? This should have nothing to do with eventual enharmonic changes, it's just a graphic thing!

KJ_Palmer
Sibelius Version: 6.2, 7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by KJ_Palmer » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:20 pm

I've not used this feature (plugin) and haven't had to beam across barlines but it seems that there was a problem with an older version of Simplify Accidentals that loses the user-defined beams. There was an update in 2008 that is meant to fix this issue. Perhaps the older version still gets shipped with the installation files. It certainly occurred with Sib 7.5 when I tried it.

You could try installing the 'updated' plugin and see if that works. It's meant for Sibelius 5, so I'm not sure if it's compatible with your installation.

You can download it from the Sibelius Plugins page for Accidentals http://www.sibelius.com/download/plugin ... category=1
Sibelius 6.2, 7.5.1, Windows 11

adriano

Post by adriano » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:13 am

Thanks, KJP, will try :)