How to intstall Sibelius sounds ???

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
Sagittarius
Sibelius Version: ultimate 2018.7
Operating System: Windows

Post by Sagittarius » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:25 am

I intstalled Sibelius Ultimate 2018.7 on my Win 10 / 10 GB RAM / more than 80 GB free SSD-space. Then I downloaded Sibelius Sounds, unzipped it and found no installer. I looked into the help and it said I should configure the sound under Wiedergabe/Konfiguration (Playback?/Configuration?). But the only choice there is "General MIDI (basic)".
Looked into the Sibelius intstallation, but there is no folder "sounds" to put the sound library there.

How do I intstall these Sibelius Sounds?

bobp

Post by bobp » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:48 am

How big was the sounds file that you downloaded. It should have been some 30 to 35 GBs. Where did you download it from. That there was no installer suggests that the download was incomplete.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

Sagittarius
Sibelius Version: ultimate 2018.7
Operating System: Windows

Post by Sagittarius » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:56 am

Thank you bobp for you answer! There was an installer how I now know. It startet a terminal window and nothing happened then. So I closed this window and thought of it as only a helpfile for installing it out of Sibelius. But it took some time starting the usual installer and now Sibelius is running with its sounds.