Problem with Printing Parts Sib 8.1

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
Lorient
Sibelius Version: 8.1

Post by Lorient » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:59 pm

Until recently I have no problems printing parts on Sibelius. However now I have theses problems.

1. The Instrument Name in the top left hand corner is in a faint red instead of black.

2. The hidden Instrument name in the centre at the top is being printed.

3. Directions such as rall are in faint red.

4. It is printing layout marks such as v.s. in faint red as well

If I export the part as a pdf it prints out ok with the part name in black and no layout marks. Also the printer is functioning normally printing out word documents etc.

I guess it must be some communication issue between Sibelius and the printer but I can't seem to be able to solve it. Just wondered if anybody else has had the same problem please and solved it.

I have attached a screen shot of the print preview

Many thanks
Attachments
Picture3.png
Picture3.png (123.32 KiB) Viewed 3964 times

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:33 pm

Lorient wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:59 pm
Until recently I have no problems printing parts on Sibelius. However now I have theses problems.

1. The Instrument Name in the top left hand corner is in a faint red instead of black.
It is orange because it is in a slightly different place in the part than in the score
Lorient wrote:
2. The hidden Instrument name in the centre at the top is being printed.
It seems to be hidden (greyed out) on the image you showed us. Check the options in the attached image.
Lorient wrote:
3. Directions such as rall are in faint red.

If you mean orange, the answer is the same as above.
Lorient wrote:
4. It is printing layout marks such as v.s. in faint red as well

Check the options in the image.
Lorient wrote:

If I export the part as a pdf it prints out ok with the part name in black and no layout marks. Also the printer is functioning normally printing out word documents etc.

I guess it must be some communication issue between Sibelius and the printer but I can't seem to be able to solve it. Just wondered if anybody else has had the same problem please and solved it.

I have attached a screen shot of the print preview

Many thanks
print extras.png
print extras.png (27.2 KiB) Viewed 3936 times
Really sorry about that! Didn't attach for some reason.
Last edited by MikeLyons on Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

Lorient

Post by Lorient » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:43 pm

Thanks for the reply which is much appreciated

The attachment that I put up is how it actually came out printed. I have done another couple of scans to illustrate the problem.

The first image shows how it is actually printed out in Sibelius with the instrument name in orange, the greyed out instrument name is printed and layout marks printed in orange at the end of some of the lines.

The second image is how it prints out when I export it as a pdf. The instrument name is now black, and the greyed out instrument name and the layout marks are not printed.

In your replies you have mentioned to see attached image, for example Check the options in the attached image. It may be me as I'm new to the forum but I can't see any other image. Have you attached something, Apologies if you have but can you tell me where it is please.

Many thanks
Attachments
Sibelius print.png
Sibelius print.png (104.25 KiB) Viewed 3938 times
PDF print.png
PDF print.png (164.06 KiB) Viewed 3938 times

MikeLyons

Post by MikeLyons » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:31 pm

Yeah, sorry. It's attached now.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

Lorient

Post by Lorient » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:39 am

Sorry for delay in replying and thank you for the attachment.

I have unclicked the view options box which has removed the layout marks.

The printer connection is direct via usb. I disconnected the printer and reconnected it still as a usb and now it is printing the instrument name in black even if it shows red in the preview. So I think it may have been more of a connectivity issue between the desktop and the printer.

Once again, thanks

MikeLyons

Post by MikeLyons » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:14 pm

Printing can go strange if you give a a stern look! I recently installed an extender for my Wi-Fi which resulted in me having to reinstall all my printer drivers (I have 4 different printers) The machine that I print most things from isn't even connected to the extender!