Multimovement Instrument Change

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
musicmaster289
Sibelius Version: 7
Operating System: Windows

Post by musicmaster289 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:05 pm

Hello,

I've been a Sibelius user for years, and this is the first I've ever done a multi-movement piece. I'm all setup, except having issues with an instrument change. I'm going from Alto Sax to Clarinet at the beginning of movement 2. I was able to do the change instrument option, but at the beginning of the line, it's leaving the key signature and then putting the clarinet change immediately following. It even changed the name in the margin correctly, but didn't update the key. How can I make this, so it shows up with 2 sharps right away instead of the 3. I've attached a picture for reference.
key sig issue.JPG
key sig issue.JPG (13.14 KiB) Viewed 194 times

KJ_Palmer
Sibelius Version: 6.2, 7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by KJ_Palmer » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:24 pm

I think the only way to do this is to add the Clarinet in Bb in Add Instruments, move (i.e. cut/paste) the Alto Sax music to the Clarinet line and use Hide Empty Staves under Layout.

I played around with changing instruments as you did, and couldn't find a way to hide or remove the extra key signature, which is annoying. At least it seemed to work with the hide staves method.
Sibelius 6.2, 7.5.1, Windows 11