How do I change the width of lines?

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
stefandw

Post by stefandw » Sat Jul 03, 2004 4:12 am

Hi everybody,
I have recently imported some house style settings into my score to improve it, and now the staff size (in document setup) is smaller. However the thickness of lines such as slurs, ties, and barres on guitar frames have stayed the same, so they now look a bit awkward. How can I reduce the thickness of these lines? Thanks.

Lurker

Post by Lurker » Sun Jul 25, 2004 7:50 pm

stefandw wrote:the thickness of lines such as slurs, ties, and barres on guitar frames have stayed the same

This might be a silly thing to say, but how about returning the staff size to normal?

In any case, are you sure the lines are really thicker? They might just look much thicker at certain screen resolutions, so try printing a page out to see what it really looks like.

melquiades

Post by melquiades » Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:10 pm

Straight lines you can edit by going to House Style -> Edit Lines..., selecting a line, and clicking "edit". This lets you change the thickness of 8va lines, for example. (You probably already know that.)

Slurs, however, you have much less control over. You might be able to get the effect you want by going to House Style -> Engraving Rules -> Slurs, and doubling or tripling the "Minimum thickness" under the "Shape" category.

Printing out the score to double-check the appearance is also good advice.