Trouble with cursor, program freezing up...

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
yojimbo454

Post by yojimbo454 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:28 pm

Lately my Sibelius program (version 4) has been freezing every so often. It will all the sudden not let me select anything on the screen (a note, text, chord symbol, etc). only when i save the document, close it, and re-open it can i begin again. Also, sometimes I can't drag text or chord symbols with the mouse at all, even when the rest of the program is running fine. I have to use the arrow keys on the keyboard (not very convenient obviously). Anybody know why this stuff might be happening?

yojimbo454

Post by yojimbo454 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:17 pm

Another problem I have noticed: As soon as I add a note to the score, or already play a written note, the audio playback device keeps that note at a constant drone. If I hit a new note, it will play, but again will not stop playing. I don't know how to fix this either, don't even know if it's related to the other stuff...

morosoph

Post by morosoph » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:46 pm

I work in a music lab and in the last two weeks our computers have started doing the same thing. Just today I had seven copies of Sibelius flip out on me for no reason. Right now we just have to restart the computer and that fixes it for a while.
I have a request in to Sibelius Tech Support. We'll see what they say.
What OS are you using, and do you leave your computer on all the time?