Problem with playback

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
COBRA

Post by COBRA » Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:47 pm

Using Sibelius 3.0.0

When I playback my music, the notes are not played evenly, i.e., 16th's, tuplets, tremolos. I am writing marching percussion so this is not acceptable to me. I have tried it on two different computers with plenty of power/speed.
I am using Sibelius 3 for the first time this week. Never had this problem on previous versions. It is like the software is trying to duplicate a four year old playing drums. Any tips would be very helpful as at this point I would have rather stayed with what I had. Thanks in advance

Lurker

Post by Lurker » Sun Jul 25, 2004 7:10 am

COBRA wrote:I am using Sibelius 3 for the first time this week.
Maybe you need to look at the setting for Playback you used in Sibelius 2 - i.e. Swing etc. - and make sure the factory settings are not the cause of the problem,

Then look at your sound card. If some of your channels are played by Kontakt, and others by your sound card or other renderer, you may have latency problems. Kontakt - being a software device - takes longer to play the notes than a hard-wired device.

Try adjusting the "Latency" playback setting to see if it makes any difference, or use only one source for your sounds.