Renaissance scores. No tied notes?

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
Ahti

Post by Ahti » Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:10 pm

Hello

Im working on a transcribing project of some 16th century music, and I really would like to create "modern" vocal scores with original note values. I know how to create a score with barlines between staves (mesural), but longer notes are still being written as tied shorter notes across barlines. How can I avoid that???

Thanks!

Lurker

Post by Lurker » Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:19 pm

Ahti wrote: longer notes are still being written as tied shorter notes across barlines. How can I avoid that!
It depends on the music itself. If you can divide it into bars of uneven length - sometimes very long bars - that avoid ties, you can notate it that way, hide the real bar-lines, then move the first note of each bar to eliminate the gap. You then insert real half-bar lines where they should go (select the note before you want a bar-line and use Create> Barline.) You might have to use the X parameter in the Properties window to get the real bar-lines in exactly the right place.

This works in v.2 and v.3 (I've tested it) but I think it can can still be done in v.1

Ahti

Post by Ahti » Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:18 pm

Yes, that does the job nicely even though one must adjust some note- and barline positions. And I've removed the auto bar numbering since they no longer gave any meaning, so now the musik looks like it should. Thank you very much!!!